- General (Software)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Bookings
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Teams
- Respondus LockDown Browser
Uninstalling and Reinstalling Microsoft Office
If you are receiving an error message from Microsoft Office stating that your license could not be verified, please restart your computer. If the error message remains, please follow the instructions below to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.
This guide is shown using pictures from Windows 11. If you are on Windows 10 or macOS, your screen may look differently.
1. Click on the Windows button on the taskbar, and then click “Settings." If Settings does not appear, type "Settings" in the search bar at the top of the menu.
2. In the new Window that appears, select “Apps” on the left side.
3. In the new window, select “Installed Apps.”
4. Scroll down and find “Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise – en-us.”
5. Click the 3 dots next to “Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise – en-us”, then click Uninstall. A new small window will appear, click “Uninstall” again.
6. A new window will appear, click on the Blue “Uninstall” button. Afterwards, a window with a progress bar will appear indicating that Microsoft Office is being uninstalled. Wait until it is completely finished.
7. In a web browser, go to portal.office.com and login using your HU account information.
8. On the right side of the page, click the button that says “Install Apps”
9. Your browser will download a file called “OfficeSetup.exe” which will appear at the bottom left corner of your screen. Double-click it. *If you are using Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox, the downloaded file may appear elsewhere. It can always be found in your Downloads folder.
10. A new window will appear telling you that Office is being downloaded and set up. Wait until the progress bar is full and a new window appears telling you that Office has been installed successfully. Open an Office application (Word, Excel, Outlook) and, if prompted, enter your HU account information.
11. Your Office apps should now be working properly. If you continue running into issues, please contact the Help Desk at (260)359-4357 or email@example.com.